Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Big Crunch

For the few whole actually pay any attention to me, sorry I haven't posted much of anything, RL has me quite occupied.

As I have said on a number of occasions, I'm working towards getting a job from CCP in the near future.
And as such I have to produce a portfolio of my work, which in itself is a lot of work. A hell of a lot of work.

So for the last few months I've been working on my skills as an artist, with some fairly decent result, in preparation for Nov-Dec, which are the months I will devote to my portfolio project. (even thou it's more time then I need)


And as the old saying goes, the more you learn, the more you realize how little you know.

As time has gotten closer to my practice deadline, I've come to understand my own level of skill, compared to thou's in the industry, and the gap is quite disparaging.
I have a long way to go to get to where I would like to.

However, in saying that, over the last 8 months, and esp the last 2, I've learned a lot, and have gotten a lot better and faster at what I do. So even if I'm not as good as I'd like to be, I'm still truly good enough to for entry level into the industry.
I'm probably shooting higher then I need to be, but even still, I've got to get as good as I can get while I still have the free time to do so.


So I have been spending increasingly more time towards my learning, as time draws shorter.
So I haven't had much time for anything else.

And once my project kicks off, I'll likely go into AFK mode, as I need to spend every waking moment working on my project, until I'm satisfied with it. Of course I'm never satisfied, so...



Just don't expect much from me during thou's months, I'll be hard at work.

But hopefully, a job will be waiting for me after the fact.
Otherwise I'll probably be put in an uncomfortable situation, where I need to find more grunt work, and I'd rather not do that if at all possible.

Of coarse I could always go to Iceland in person and knock on their door long enough, until they give a job, even if it's cleaning toilets, I don't fucking care. Give me an inch, and I'll take the whole damn mile.


~Yoh

No comments:

Post a Comment