Saturday, August 8, 2009

About me, myself and I

This is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down,
and I'd like to take a moment, just sit down James,
and I'll tell you how I became the undisputed king of card ga
--- wait, hang on, wrong intro....

But enough with the skit...
I'm Yoh..... or I'd rather people call me that.
My real name? Well, I ain't going to tell you that, because I'm an anti-social bastard...... and I prefer using my online identity anyways, cuz it makes things easier.

Now, I'm a gamer of 25 years. Always have been, always will be... well, until I'm maggot food anyhow.
But for the foreseeable future, that's what I do. I'm also a skeptical, cynical prick to boot.
If somethings stupid, I say so. If something good, I say so.

I've played a wide arrangement of games over the years, from side scrolling shooters, to FPS and fighting games, to RPG's and MMO's. Hell, I've even played the odd hentai, dating sim once in a blue moon.
So I'm well versed.

I'm also an artist, specializing mostly in anime styling, and digital art in general. A lot my inspiration comes from games and anime, well, esp anime as I am profoundly addicted to it, since it has been the only real teacher I have ever had.
Now I'm not bad, been doing it since I was around 16.... or in other words, that horny time in my life. My style has varied over the years, but I'm slowly coming to grips with my own, unique style.

Got a DeviantArt page, http://yoh-sl.deviantart.com/, so go take a look if you give a crap. Also, I take requests, so if you want something in particular, I'm willing to hear you out..... just don't expect it too quickly. I'm a lazy sod.


As for this blog, well unless your thick, It's about gaming generally, maybe heading more towards MMORPG then anything else. Occasionally I might talk about my art, but I'm of the opinion that there isn't really much to talk about, it is what it is.
I'll also keep a record of my efforts to get employment in MMO development. Yes, you heard it here first, I'm going to become a developer.... cue applause.

But seriously, I'm going to take a note of just how I go from being a not particularly skilled person, with almost zero higher education, let alone a degree of any kind, working with little more then my self taught skills and knowledge about a wide variety of games, to a full-time employee at some development studio somewhere. Likely CCP. I like CCP.
I'm coming for you.....
Although I still want to kick them in the face on some issues.
My steel-capped boot's are coming for you.......


But anyway, enough inane rambling.

~Yoh

No comments:

Post a Comment