Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Losing respect

Ever have a conversation or argument with somebody which made you realize that the person in question wasn't as friendly or as rational as you had first thought?

Yeah..... I'm at that point.

Had an argument with sister Julie Whitefeather from Virgin Worlds, on her No Prisoners, No Mercy podcast thread today. And after a few exchanges, it quickly went downhill.

The entire time, I was trying to herd the conversation to something actually constructive, while I did lose my temper a bit at one point, but I get like that when people refuse to acknowledge points, and ask asinine questions that have little or nothing to do with the subject at hand. (strawmen)

Towards the end there, she seemed more concerned with my profanity, then any point I had made. Which is fine to some degree, as it was her show thread, which I promptly conceded that point, but even still, way to derail the conversation.... again.


But in the end, this wasn't good enough for her, and decided to throw a comment back it me when I pointed out that she (and one other bloke that was part of the discussion) didn't get anywhere near what I was talking about, and seemed to me, to be day dreaming. And thus put a end to the discussion.
How mature.


After all was said and done, all I can say is that I'm disappointed in you Juile, I actually expected more from you. I give you no points for rational discourse.

Now I'm just waiting to see if she'll attack me on her show when I'm not there to defend myself....yeah...... this should be fun.....

~Yoh

No comments:

Post a Comment