Sunday, August 9, 2009

Why I hate Aion

Now if you troll around Massively and VirginWorlds, then you may have noticed on articles involving the game Aion, that I have a less then favorable stance towards it.

But why?

Well first it's important to point out, that I have not played Aion as of yet, nor do I ever intend to.
Which some might say "you can't criticize Aion if you haven't played it, wah wah wah!", which I in turn say, 'I don't need to play it you fucking moron's! I don't need to drive a car to see that it is a lemon, similarly, I don't need to play a game that is so self evidently crap to say so'.

So why do I think Aion is crap?

Because it is the embodiment of the status quo. It does NOTHING new. It's tries to sell you the same damn experiences that you've already had, in a new wrapper.
I call this phenomena, painting the turd.

Where companies try to sell you the same product, by renaming, marketing, and a new paint job. But at the core of it, it's the same damn thing.
Because if they can get away with selling the same product to you, then they will.
That's capitalism for you folks.


Sure, in Aion's case, I can give it some credit, for being stable and stylish - but at the end of the day, that's not going to carry it. It's still got the same old classes, the same of levels and motherfucking grind, the same old pointless goddamn moronic quests and mindless whack-a-mole monsters.

Sorry, sell it to some other sucker.
I've already been there, done that.

~Yoh

2 comments:

  1. Pretty yes...... very, very pretty.
    But it's just not enough.
    I just can't get excited by flippen wings.

    ReplyDelete